Legal Secretary – Reading
iRecruit Partners are currently working alongside a company based in Reading who are currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join their expanding team.
To provide secretarial support to the Directors and Fee Earners within the Residential Conveyancing Department
To effectively assist Fee Earner in the daily management of client matters to include, but not exclusive to the following:
- Initial enquiries on sale and purchase files
- Due Diligence in relation to AML obligations and risk management
- Obtaining all required documentation from client and other side and liaising with third party providers such as HMLR, Search Providers and Lenders
- Drafting sale contracts and re-mortgage documentation as required by Fee Earner
- Regular updates to client on progress of matter and dealing with ad-hoc enquiries from clients, Estate Agents and third parties
To undertake word processing of documents and correspondence as directed by Fee Earners. To utilise the Proclaim Case Management system in the creation and management of client files.
Assisting Fee Earners with financial duties (e.g. inputting time recording, preparing bills, checking levels of work in progress and completion statements).
To attend to Clients on the telephone, in person and by email.
To take and record accurately any messages and pass them on to the appropriate person as soon as possible.
To ensure that telephone calls are taken from the switchboard promptly.
Assist with good practical compliance to ensure high levels of Client Care required under the SRA Code of Conduct.
To set up new files accurately and promptly on instructions from Fee Earner.
To deal accurately with filing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the firms filing system.
To provide support to other Fee Earners and Secretaries when asked or requested to do so.
To make appointments and maintain an up to date diary system.
To ensure that correspondence and enclosures are sent to the correct recipient to ensure compliance under the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR)
To undertake photocopying, fax and document binding duties when appropriate.
To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Practice and Client documentation and/or information.
To undertake any specific training or refresher course as and when required by the Firm.
To undertake any other duties which may be allocated.
Communicating regularly with team members as relevant and required.
To actively look to improve skills and knowledge relating to the work of the Department and its clients.
To provide support and ideas for the Department to improve its client base and service to clients.
To ensure that the dictation is prioritised within the Department by regular discussion with other team members.
- At least 4 years relevant work experience in conveyancing
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks/projects