Junior Data Analyst
Salary: Up to £25,000 DOE
iRecruit are currently recruiting for an Junior Data Analyst to join a new and growing team and work with a large retailer, on an exciting new venture. This role is highly suitable for a graduate who wants to progress in an analytical job role.
The successful candidate will be working as part of the project team, responsible for data collection, product coding, database management and process design / implementation.
The role will involve taking existing data sources, cleaning, manipulating and adding value. This information needs to be recorded accurately and consistently in our data files /databases, for the various types of consumer goods and products found in UK supermarkets and convenience stores.
The majority of the work will be undertaken using Excel and in-house coding tools. Some research using the internet and other online and offline data sources is also required. You will therefore need to be resourceful and be able to work your way through a set of product items quickly and efficiently without detailed supervision.
The information sourced and collected underpins supporting the retailer make decisions on price, promotion and range strategy.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Have intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills (using worksheets, pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s etc.)
- Have proven data entry or data matching experience
- Be able to quickly and methodically search using a variety of research tools.
- Be able to follow specific instructions.
- Be able to check the quality of your own work
- Be systematic in your approach to task completion
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly self-motivated, accountable and committed, with well-developed decision making skills
- High quality communication skills – written and spoken
- Be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of the UK market and UK products
- Ability to design new processes and ways of working
- Be able to work across countries and locations and meet client where required
- Excellent problem solving skills and consistently solutions focussed
- Inquisitive nature to look outside for new/better ways of working to build / improve processes.
DATA / EXCEL / ANALYSIS / DATABASE / DATA ENTRY