Business Development Manager
Salary – £35,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits
iRecruit Partners are currently working with a company based in Bracknell who are looking for a Business Development Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join their Client Development team and continue the fantastic growth that the company have enjoyed in this important area over the past few years.
The Business Development Manager role demands a strong commercial approach. You will work with an account base of the company’s mid-tier clients that consist of well-known household brands and private label manufacturers. Your key focus will be to retain and grow your clients through strong relationships and the realisation of the company’s growth strategy.
- Profitable Revenue Growth: The main purpose of the role is to ensure the retention of your existing client base whilst developing profitable and sustainable new revenue streams within accounts. The role will be supported by an Insight Manager who will help provide the valuable nuggets of information that will give their clients a compelling reason to engage. However, they are looking for people with drive and tenacity to really get close to our clients and excite them about the benefits of working more with the company
- Consultative Selling: It’s about opportunity identification and conversion based on consultative selling – this is not cold calling. This role is about building relationships and helping businesses to maximise their growth opportunities. This will involve a strong mix of core database deliverables alongside added value solutions that match clients’ needs and deliver on expectations.
- Client Engagement: Engagement with customer contacts to strengthen working relationships. You need to create a strong base of client contacts, identifying additional stakeholders/decision makers to enable up-selling of products. This is particularly key when it comes to discussions on high impact Analytics and Technology Solutions.
- Facilitation: Oversee the accurate and timely provision of solutions to your clients with the help of support functions within the Client Development team and the wider organisation. It is essential to build a strong network of internal contacts to maximise support from across the Commercial and Operational teams.
- Administration: Effective, timely and accurate financial administration including maintenance of opportunities, keeping a sales pipeline up-to-date, creation of client P&L’s, renewing client contracts, forecasting and fulfilling internal reporting as required.
- Data & Insights: It is important that you can understand clients’ objectives, to build trust through your knowledge and opinions of their own and industry issues. You will need to keep abreast of developments as well as be confident to use the company’s data to achieve this.
This is a role which requires initiative. It will be very varied and very rewarding for the right person. The role demands drive and focus from a person who really wants to engage with clients every day.
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen with proven experience in a client facing role
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Highly self-motivated and assured at presenting to all levels
- Strong relationship builder, both internal and external
- Understanding of a ‘consultative selling approach’ with proven questioning and listening skills
- Confident working with data with a good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ideally educated to degree level
KEYWORDS: Business Development / Analytics / Clients / Technology solutions / Relationships / Growth