Audit Manager – Exeter
Our client based in Exeter is seeking an experienced Audit Manager to join their established team.
The purpose of this role is to provide effective management of audit engagements with a variety of clients, ensuring the correct resources are applied where needed to meet deadlines. You will provide clients with the required information and respond to any queries in a timely manner. Where necessary you will liaise with external file reviewers and ICAEW asnecessary.
- Management of an audit focussed portfolio of clients, operating in a variety of sectors including the charity sector
- Planning and controlling statutory and voluntary audits
- Preparing and reviewing corporation tax computations, and advising clients of their tax liabilities in a timely manner
- Act as main point of contact for client matters, demonstrating strong commercial understanding of their business and keeping them well informed with progress
- Resolving technical queries by own research and external consultation, where appropriate
- Developing references and reports centred on audits and offering these concepts to the management, including reports of deficiencies in internal control and accounting systems
- Checking that the financial statements have been prepared in accordance with external and internal requirements, including the disclosure requirements of both the Companies Act and Accounting Standards
- Completing audits with minimal supervision and within deadlines
- Carry out annual Audit Compliance Review
- Update standard corporate Letter of Engagement
- Preparation and submission of firm’s annual ICAEW Annual Return
- Keeping the firm’s master audit programmes up todate
- Firm’s MLCO
- Qualified ACA or ACCA, or 3 years’ auditing experience at a senior/manager level.
- Knowledge of UK taxes (in particular Corporation Tax and Income Tax) as they apply to audit clients.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of accounting software such as Sage, QuickBooks or Xero.
- Familiarity with Accounts production software such as CCH or IRIS desirable but not essential.
- Ability to show initiative and work within a team and conduct appraisals.
- Ability to build good client relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage own workload in a timely manner while all the time ensuring we exceed client expectations