Are you looking for a new challenge in 2020?
iRecruit Specialist are pleased to be recruiting for an Assistant Site Manager join an established commercial fit out contractor based in reading. No previous experience is required if you have a background in trade.
Progression to a site manager is expected in this position.
Reading based with travel to sites with the site manager in the South/South East/London and occasionally nationwide.
- Ideally a trade background – carpenter, electrician, decorator etc.
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Willingness to multi task and “muck in” the role may involve some “hands on” work as well as management of sub-contractor trades
- Able to accommodate out of hours working as well as in hours working – some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Knowledge of HASWA 1974 and CDM 2015.
- Computer literacy -proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and ideally MS Project.
- Exceptional client facing skills.
- Pro-active management of sub-contractors/on site workforce.
- Experience of delivering phased works programme within time frames and budgets.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Experience of working in an occupied commercial office environment would be an advantage.
Health and Safety will comprise a key element of this project – the individual must have relevant qualifications and knowledge to ensure that work is undertaken safely within the occupied environment with minimal disruption to staff, visitors and other building tenants
- First aid at work certificate
- Ideally, PASMA, IPAF, Asbestos awareness, abrasive wheels
In return you can expected
- Competitive salary
- Excellent training
- Career progression
Site Management / Trade / Word / Excel / HASWA / Health and Safety