Service Desk Analyst
Salary – Up to £25,000
iRecruit Specialist have a requirement for a 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst for a rapidly expanding organisation based near to Reading. They are looking for someone who has had exposure to supporting on telephony VOIP systems.
This role will be to provide 1st/2nd line support across a wide range of technologies, ideally resolving issues at the first line stage but, if not possible, escalating to the appropriate technical resolver group.
- Use technical knowledge to resolve customer issues.
- Ensuring tickets are correctly logged and categorised on the Service Desk system.
- Taking responsibility for tickets through the whole incident management process.
- Ensuring customers are kept updated on ticket progress.
- Ensuring contractual SLA’s are met.
- Escalating cases when potential SLA breaches may occur.
- Escalating cases where appropriate for both internally and with customers.
- Supporting the Field Services team when required.
- Help develop and produce statistical data on incident management performance.
- After a training period, there may be a requirement to join an out of hours rota.
- Experience of working in a 1st/2nd line support environment.
- Experience of supporting on telephony VOIP systems.
- Experience of providing support via telephone and e-mail.
- Awareness of network environments.(routing/switching/VLANS/Security/Wireless/Telephony).
- Knowledge of basic support for Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of basic support for Microsoft Office toolsets.
- A basic understanding of infrastructure within an IT environment.
- Active Directory Administration – Password resets, unlocking, etc.
- Basic all-round troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of a team.
- Documenting processes.
- Comfortable with working flexible hours.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Creative, strategic and logical thinking.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Can meet deadlines and maintain high standards even when under pressure.
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Support service improvement plans liaising with the Account Managers.
- Must be able to work un-supervised, on own initiative.
2ND LINE / SERVICE DESK / ACTIVE DIRECTORY / WINDOWS / ROUTERS / SWITCHES / WIRELESS / TELEPHONY