Senior PHP Developer
|Senior PHP Developer|
You will be working on a variety of projects for multinational B2B clients alongside other developers, strategists, designers and client services team.
As a senior developer you will be familiar with the full software lifecycle and comfortable taking ownership of and working independently on a project. You will be expected to work alongside our client services team to identify client requirements and plan projects.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in modern, well-tested object-oriented PHP development. You will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be familiar with the best practices for building resilient, secure applications and should have experience of the following:
- Laravel or a similar PHP MVC framework (i.e. Symfony 2, Zend).
- Design patterns and SOLID design principles.
- Git and Git workflows
- Test driven development using PHPUnit or similar.
- Some front-end experience (HTML5 / CSS / jQuery) – enough to build working prototypes
- Good UNIX fundamentals: Apache/OpenSSL/Package management
In addition, the following would be beneficial:
- REST API design / microservices architectures.
- Managing servers in an AWS environment
- Experience with any of the following: Node/MongoDB/Redis
- Experience with Enterprise systems e.g. Salesforce/Eloqua
DevOps experience would be advantageous, particularly the use of Jenkins for continuous integration and Capistrano or similar for deployment.
A degree-level qualification is preferred, but not essential. However please note that this is not an entry-level position, we’re only really looking for candidates with either commercial experience, or a demonstrable record of open-source contributions.
This is an office-based role, and you must be authorised to work in the UK.
iRecruit Partners Ltd is GDPR compliant. By applying for this role, you agree for iRecruit Partners Ltd to contact you to discuss this and any other suitable job opportunities. Our new policies hosted are on our website and will show you what data we collect, how we use it and your rights.