Senior PHP Developer
Salary – £40,000 – £50,000
iRecruit Specialist are currently recruiting for a Senior Developer to join an organisation a global technology team based in Fleet.
We are currently looking for a talented developer that is motivated, creative, and wants to work on cutting edge technologies. This individual will join a dynamic team in Fleet.
The successful candidate will work closely with clients to design, build and implement new technology solutions in addition to enhancing and maintaining our existing software stack. You will be working in a product oriented Agile environment, delivering high quality, testable code leveraging SSDLC practices.
- Take responsibility and accountability for delivery of new features, whilst supporting existing tools as required
- Collaborate with the wider Technology team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented work packages across a number of products
- Ability to understand and develop complex business logic and ensure adherence to Code quality standards
- Actively engage in bi-weekly scrum sessions to support MoSCoW prioritisation and accurate estimation
- Demonstrate a mentality for continuous improvement, with a desire to lead implementation of new tools & techniques
Essential Skills and experience:
- Extensive experience developing PHP applications (4-5 years minimum)
- Object Oriented PHP 5/7 Programming
- Relational databases and SQL
- Regular use of PHP Frameworks – Zend
- Restful API Services
- Git version control and related processes. For example Gitflow
Ideal Skills and experience:
- IT (or related) degree level or equivalent practical experience
- Linux / Unix administration
- Experience of NoSQL database (design, setup and administration)
- Front end experience for example Angular, Node.js or similar
- Experience of using and/or implementing CI / CD amongst other Dev Ops practices
- Unit testing, for example PHPUnit
- HTML 5, JQuery & CSS3
- The ability to tackle a steep learning curve
Our client can reward you with an exciting opportunity within an international working environment, offering an excellent salary package, training programs, career development and a dynamic work culture.