iRecruit Partners are currently working with a company based in Camberley who are looking for a Logistics Administrator to join their rapidly expanding team. You will be liaising with customers to book in deliveries, this could be both Residential or Commercial projects. You will also post all ancillary items with the appropriate postage and arrange all collections with both retail and end customers.
- Answering incoming calls which are direct to the department.
- Creating delivery / collection of all orders within SAP available within the agreed time period – this is to include any urgent orders (before the cut off time)
- Communicating with customers on a daily basis to book in deliveries – this could be for out of area customer, collections or replacement deliveries.
- Adding special instructions / requirements ahead of delivery – Update SAP and Logistics partners.
- Manage Customer queries, complaints, issues and keeping the customer informed & updated. All must be maintained and recorded in SAP / C4C.
- Updating order statuses on Supplier portals to make sure that we keep in line with the suppliers manual – Keeping service debits to a minimum.
- Updating and uploading orders on the portal – making sure that all information is correct to avoid delays to deliveries.
- Overall responsibility for the Logistics / Acova e-mail inbox and all e-mails direct to individuals company e-mail account within agreed SLA’s.
- Organising and obtaining bespoke chargeable deliveries where required.
- Daily contact and correspondence with external couriers.
- Archiving all signed delivery & collection notes.
- Maintaining Dispute management programme – regularly updating notes and process deadlines dates.
- Working cooperatively with other departments and divisions and ensuring prompt response to customer and agent queries and enquiries.
- Knowledge of all systems within the Logistics department.
- React to changing situations to accommodate additional business and maximise service performance and reduce delays.
- Create solutions for customer’s needs and requirements
- Developing an awareness of delivery & collection schedule and operational parameters.
- Producing accurate despatch information on daily basis for company circulation.
- Maintaining / changing dates within sales orders to ensure excellent OTIF results are achieved.
- Responsible for despatching small ancillary items via postal method.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate administrative duties.
- You will be required to complete additional tasks across Logistics & Customer services department as requested.
- To gain a good understanding of all products within the company to inform new and existing staff that will identify which products can be despatch via external transport methods to ensure they arrive safely.
- Assist in developing, implementing and supporting the company’s quality, environmental and Health and Safety management systems by following the training you have received when using any work items you have been given, taking reasonable care of your own and other people’s health and safety, co-operating with the company on health and safety and immediately telling your manager or supervisor if you think the work or inadequate precautions are putting anyone’s health safety at serious risk.
- Any other office duties as required by the Logistics Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer Literate including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and minimum of 1 years SAP Experience
- Strong administration experience
- Knowledge of working within a budget
- Ability to organise well and prioritise a busy work load
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Must be a Positive & Customer focused individual
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Flexible approach to working hours in a dynamic environment
- Must have experience in the Logistics or related Industry in a similar role
- Attention to detail when working to deadlines
- Possess excellent communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships
- Ability to work un-supervised, use own initiative when solving problems