IT Security Engineer
Salary: Up to £65,000 DOE
iRecruit Specialist are recruiting for a Security Engineer working for a client based in Maidenhead.
The client is seeking a passionate security engineer to build automated systems to harden infrastructure and implement methods to detect and respond to intrusions as they happen. This individual will partner with the business and technology teams to ensure we make risk-informed strategic decisions. You will develop technical solutions to prevent compromise, our capabilities to detect threats, and response mechanisms to handle incidents when they happen.
- Design and implement solutions to detect and prevent compromise; from initial compromise through persistence, lateral movement and ex-filtration
- Lead security incident response activities
- Use attack driven techniques to improve our applications and systems defences, and discover new vulnerabilities across our production, corporate, and cloud infrastructure
- Build threat hunting capability to identify malicious actors and associated risks in the environment
- Automate and streamline existing security processes and procedures
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with any combination of the following: building detection programs, incident response, system/network security
- Experience implementing and automating security in cloud environments (e.g., AWS, GCE, Azure)
- Significant experience with building custom alerting and detection strategies
- Understand the people aspects of security and enjoy collaborating with others to build secure things. Contributions to the security community (e.g., research, CVEs, bug bounties, open source projects)