IT Administrator – Linux
iRecruit Specialist are pleased to be recruiting for a growing company in Wokingham. Due to recent growth, they are looking for an IT Administrator to join their team. This role will be working heavily with Linux and therefore knowledge with Linux is required. My client is looking for someone with excellent communication skills who is self-motivated and can take ownership of any issues.
- Support and maintenance of our IT infrastructure to provide a high availability service to our staff
- Technical contributor to the ongoing enhancement of the IT infrastructure.
- Support for all telecom, broadband and communication across the company
- Involvement in formulating and implementing IT security and Disaster Recovery
- Analytical thinking and problem solving / trouble shooting
- Incident management
- The role is based in the company’s HQ in Wokingham with occasional travel to our offices in Oxford and Cambridge.
- Experience in Linux (RHEL, CentOS) and Windows
- Storage (SAN, LVM, NFS, Samba, AutoFS)
- Network (DNS, Firewall and IP networking, IPsec, Basic L2/L3, management/monitoring)
- Authentication/Authorization (Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos, SSH, SASL, 2FA)
- Virtualization (KVM, oVirt)
- Provisioning of new workstation equipment and server/compute farm infrastructure.
- Monitoring of key system parameters and pro-active response to maintain high availability
- Help desk systems
- 2nd / 3rd line support experience
- Development tools (SVN, GIT, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery
- Scripting (Perl, Python, Bash and Ruby)
- Knowledge of cyber security (including Cyber Essentials+) would be advantageous
In return my client can offer you a competitive salary of £40,000 DOE, on the job training and opportunities for career progression.
LINUX / WINDOWS / NETWORKS / HELPDESK