ICT Technician (Field)
|SALARY:||£20,000 – £24,000 depending on experience plus Company Van|
We have an exciting opportunity for one of our clients based near to Reading. We are looking for a network field engineer to join a growing IT engineering team. This role involves visiting schools across Bracknell and Windsor so you do need to come from an educational background. You will also be probided with a company van.
You will be supporting and covering schools by handling the rota of contracted visits in a timely manner, onsite remediation and updating clients of outcomes whilst on site. There will be swift resolution of all incidents to ensure customer satisfaction.
Some of the projects you will be supporting and covering on will include WiFi Installations, Interactive touchscreen installations, server and endpoint provision, broadband and hosting installations.
• Use technical knowledge to log and manage support calls within the Helpdesk Department;
• Allocation and timely dispatch of contract visits;
• Monitoring and updating external customer systems;
• Managing returns and updating Proof of Delivery (POD) information on the call management system;
• Evaluating Incidents reported on the part of the customer;
• Maintain in good condition all vehicles, tools and test equipment within the department;
• Performing tests and diagnostics on a range of network,
• IT and AV equipment;
• Analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution to solve problems;
• Ability to handle customers and suppliers in a professional manner;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Excellent IT literacy and ability to use Microsoft products – including Word and Excel;
• Ability to prioritise a busy workload;
• Ability to meet deadlines and maintain high standards even when under pressure.
• Ability to gain skills and knowledge on IT Systems both internal and customer;
• DBS Clearance,
• CCNA and/or Microsoft MCSA.
• Knowledge of SIMS / SOLUS
• Active Directory
• Group Policy/WSUS / DNS / DHCP
• Backup technologies
IT / FIELD / NETWORKING / DNS / CCNA / FIELD ENGINEER / ICT / ACTIVE DIRECTORY / GROUP POLICY