2nd Line Support Engineer
iRecruit Specialist are recruiting for a 2nd line support engineer based in fleet. The perfect candidate would be someone early in their IT career, perhaps now looking to progress from their first role.
The 2nd line Service Desk Engineer works at the 1st point of escalation within the Support team. You will be supporting the 1st Line Engineers and dealing with technical issues passed to you. You are responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions. You will be exposed to topics such as desktop, servers, virtualisation, network structure, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, Public and Private Cloud, security and bespoke managed solutions.
- SQL Server 2008 +
- Cloud technologies.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues including firewalls, VPN, WAN & WIFI.
- Experiencing managing monitoring systems such as PTRG.
- Storage solutions such as Datacore, VSAN, Nexans.
- Advanced Windows desktop support.
- Virtualisation – VMware, HyperV.
- Previous experience with on-prem Exchange and Exchange Online.
- Network security and cyber security.
- VOIP & telecommunications support..
- Proven ability to take a lead through the life of a ticket.
- Able to manage multiple priorities to achieve SLA targets.
- Passionate about technology & how it benefits businesses.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Previous experience with a ticketing system.
- 1 Years’ experience on a Help Desk.
- Strong Customer service Ethos.
- Car driver
In return, our client can offer you a Salary of circa £25/26K per annum and a Holiday starting at 22 days per annum, increasing by one year up a max of 25, plus bank holidays