1st Line Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £27,000 DOE
iRecruit specialist are recruiting for an exciting 1st Line Support Engineer based in Aldermaston. In this role, you will work directly with customers and partners to solve problems with systems.
- An understanding of support processes and tools
- Experience working directly with customers and end users, specifically working with technical staff
- Troubleshooting Windows Operating systems from Windows 3.11 up to Windows 10, as well as Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012.
- Active Directory Servers
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables), and MS Access.
- Experience with Linux would be desirable but not a deal breaker.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven track record in building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Ability to work shifts which vary between 6AM – 2PM, 8AM – 4PM, 10AM – 6PM, 1PM – 10PM.
- Worldwide support for Debian Linux-based high-throughput storage server products over ticket/email or telephone, with regular remote support. Experience with clients running Windows, OSX, & Linux
- Testing, replicating, and resolving customer’s issues using similar hardware and software.
- Diagnosing and resolving networking issues, as well as recommending configurations to maximise network performance
- On-site installation and supporting existing systems for resellers and end users
- Knowledge of enterprise grade server components, i.e. motherboard/processor, RAID controllers, networking adaptors, and disks (spinning and SSD)
- In-house performance testing new hardware for future sales
- Managing, testing, and actioning unit warranty repairs, plus part RMAs, both from customers and to manufacturers
- Software testing for future releases
- Assisting sales dept. with pre-sales recommendations and visits to potential customers
- Building, configuration, and maintenance of internal application servers using CentOS and KVM, for example a company-wide TimeMachine server
- Internal support and hardware acquisition/setup for colleagues
- Repair/upgrading Apple Mac hardware, both desktops and laptops, as well as domestic PC hardware
TECHNICAL SUPPORT / 2ND LINE / LEVEL 1 SUPPORT / WINDOWS SERVER / ACTIVE DIRECTORY / SERVERS / HARDWARE / SOFTWARE / 1st LINE SUPPORT